The Washington-British Columbia Chapter of the American Fisheries Society invites you to submit symposia ideas for the 2016 Annual General Meeting to be held in Lake Chelan, Washington, March 28 – 31, 2016.
Symposium organizers are encouraged to submit proposals, recruit presenters, solicit their abstracts, and direct them to submit their abstracts. Organizers are not required to recruit a full symposium at the time of proposal submissions. A symposium should include a minimum of 5 presentations. Time slots are limited to 20 minutes, but multiple time slots (i.e. 40 or 60 minutes) may be offered to keynote symposia speakers or wrap-up panel discussions.
FORMAT FOR SYMPOSIUM PROPOSALS
When submitting your proposal, please include the following:
1. Organizer’s information: Provide first and last name, affiliation, telephone number, and e-mail address of organizer. (More than one person can help organize a symposium, but we will only collect information from the lead person.)
2. Symposium title: Be brief but descriptive.
3. Description: Submit a brief (<300 word) abstract that describes your proposed symposium. Deadline for symposia submittals is Friday November 13, 2015.
4. Audiovisual requirements: LCD projectors and laptops will be available in every room. Please list special AV requirements, if any.
5. Special seating requests: Standard rooms will be arranged theatre-style. Please indicate special seating requests (for example, “after the break, a panel discussion with seating for 10 panel members will be needed”).
For more information, please contact Tamara Knudson at tamarak [at] spokanetribe.com, (509) 244-7031 or (509) 626-4413.