Looking for jobs in the fisheries field? Here are some links to job sites in the West that might help! If you have any job openings you would like to have posted, send the position information (title, agency/location, description, salary, deadlines, and contact information) to Orlay Johnson orlay.johnson [at] noaa.gov.
Senior Fisheries Biologist/Manager
LOCATION: Vancouver, Canada
Rescan Environmental Services Ltd. (Rescan) is a private, Canadian-owned, environmental consulting firm offering a wide range of services to the resource development industry. Now in its thirtieth year of operation, Rescan has been active in over fifty countries on six continents worldwide. Rescan’s multidisciplinary team provides regulatory knowledge and technical expertise in all aspects of the project cycle—from initial exploration, permitting and development, through to construction, operation, closure, and reclamation.
Recognized as one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies, Canada’s Top 100 Employers and as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers
• Managing team resources (people, budgets, time) within high safety standards
• Coordination and scheduling of multiple disciplines and projects
• Ensuring project managers are properly supported on client project delivery
• Undertaking proposal and technical report writing
• Candidate with 7-10 + years of experience (with a significant portion of this experience in consulting).
• Candidate that has had a good deal of fisheries field experience including experience with fish habitat compensation projects would be considered a positive.
• Candidate that is very familiar with the Fisheries Act.
• Familiar with the regulatory framework within at least one Canadian province or territory
• This person would be based in Vancouver and would be able to supervise/mentor staff in Vancouver and other regional offices.
• Would be engaged in our multi-disciplinary projects and would work closely with the aquatics biologists and hydrologists/water resources engineers & other project related specialists.
• Have excellent report writing skills, and experience in budgeting & project management.
• Would have experience in developing study designs for baseline studies, monitoring programs, MMER programs, fish habitat compensation programs, and would have experience with the Environmental Assessment process in at least one Canadian jurisdiction and have worked on environmental assessments and impact assessments.
•How to Apply: To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to career [at] rescan.com.
Please list Senior Fisheries Biologist in the email subject line.
Please visit our website for more information at www.rescan.com.
- American Fisheries Society – Jobs Board
- Aquatic Science Jobs
- CH2M Hill
- EcoEmploy – Environmental Jobs and Careers
- Environmental Jobs in Oregon
- Environmental Jobs in Washington State
- Frank Orth & Associates, Inc
- Golder Associates
- Jobs and Internships in Marine Science
- King County – Job Openings
- KWA Ecological Sciences, Inc.
- NOAA – OPM job search
- Northwest Indian Fisheries Commission
- Parametrix, Inc.
- Pierce County – Job Openings
- Public Service Jobs in British Columbia
- S.P. Cramer & Associates, Inc
- Snohomish County – Job Openings
- State of Oregon
- State of Washington
- Universities Council on Water Resources