Each year the Washington-BC Chapter of the American Fisheries Society hosts an Annual General Meeting (AGM). The main purpose is to gather fisheries professionals together to share their research, programs, tools, and to network! This is also a chance for non-members to meet the Executive Committee and other members to learn more about the benefits of joining our chapter. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to attend the business meeting luncheon to learn about the Executive Committee’s activities over the past year, status of the chapter, and plans for the future.
Want to help out? Here’s where we can always use some extra hands:
- Symposia: Do you have an idea for a symposium that you want to chair and organize?
- Fundraising: Contacting potential sponsors and collecting donations for the Silent Auction
- Entertainment: Brainstorming ideas and organizing field trips
- Trade Show: Contacting vendors and assisting with set-up
- Continuing Education: Do you want to teach something to your colleagues or know of someone who might? Help us organize some great sessions!
- On-Site organization: Including registration desk, poster/sign setup, A/V assistance, Spawning Run assistant
- Publicity: This one is everyone’s job! If you know of a great advertising avenue we may have missed, please let us know!
If you have any questions about the upcoming AGM or want to volunteer, please contact the current President-Elect (see Executive Committee members here).
The 2018 Annual General Meeting will be held in Kelowna, BC. More details to come!
The 2017 Annual General Meeting was held April 10 – 13 at Hotel RL in Spokane, WA.
You can view the Plenary Speaker and Symposia presentations here: http://wabc-afs.org/2017-agm-presentations/
The 2016 Annual General Meeting was held in Lake Chelan, Washington on March 28 – 31 at Campbell’s Resort.
You can view the Plenary Speaker and Symposia presentations here: http://wabc-afs.org/2016-agm-presentations/
2015 AGM: WA-BC Chapter & Pink and Chum Workshop Joint Meeting
The 2015 AGM (website no longer available) was co-convened with the Pink & Chum Workshop and was held in Richmond, British Columbia on February 16-19.
The 2014 Annual General Meeting was held in Vancouver, Washington on March 24-27 at the Hilton Vancouver.
AGM 2012: WA-BC Chapter & SER NW/BC Joint Meeting
A joint meeting was held at the University of Victoria on May 15-18 in British Columbia. http://restoration2012.wabc-afs.org/
The 2010 Annual General Meeting was held in Nanaimo, British Columbia on March 2-4.